The schools on Leigh Park have for some time provided a range of extra activities and learning opportunities for their pupils. As part of the government’s extended services initiative to make extended learning opportunities and services accessible through schools, these activities are being developed and added to. This is being done in partnership with other community groups and service providers. These activities and services cover the following five areas and are known as the ‘Core Offer’:-
• A varied range of activities
• Parenting and family support
• Swift and easy access to specialist services
• Community use of facilities and family learning
You can find out more about the ‘Core Offer’ by clicking on any of these five areas under the Core Extended Services heading. They appear on all pages of the website.
The following schools offer a range of extended activities to their own pupils. Where infant and junior schools are next to each other some of the activities or services provided are open to children going to either school (for example, the Breakfast Club).
- Barncroft Infant School
- Barncroft Junior School
- Front Lawn Infant School
- Front Lawn Junior School
- Riders Infant School
- Riders Junior School
- Riverside Community Special School
- Sharps Copse Primary and Nursery School
- St Thomas More’s Catholic Primary School